- What is a Service?
- Service lifecycles
- Local services
- Remote services
What is a Service?
When a Service Used?
- Applications will need to run processes for a long time without any intervention from the user, or very rare interventions.
- These background processes need to keep running even when the device is being used for other activities / tasks.
Two Types of Services
- Local service
- Runs in the same process of the application that starts it
- Not accessible from other applications
- Remote service
- Exposes to other applications through AIDL (Android Services Definition Language)
- Accessible from other applications as well
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.