- What is & Why FindBugs?
- Bug categories
- How to get started?
- Integration with other tools
What is & Why FindBugs?
What is FindBugs?
- FindBugs looks for bugs in Java programs
- It uses static analysis to inspect Java bytecode for occurrences of bug patterns - executing the program is not necessary, source code is not even needed
- It is not a style checker
- It is based on the concept of bug patterns. Bug patterns arise for a variety of reasons:
- Difficult language features
- Misunderstood API methods
- Misunderstood invariants when code is modified during maintenance
- Garden variety mistakes: typos, use of the wrong boolean operator
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.