Initializing our JEE 8 Development Stack
- Eclipse for Java EE Developers
- Maven Archetype
- Payara 5 Java EE server
- Vagrant and Docker
Eclipse for Java EE
- A good IDE is essential for better productivity while coding.
- Eclipse is one such IDE, which has great editor features and many integration points with JEE technologies.
- The primary purpose of this section is to show you how to develop JEE applications using Eclipse.
- So the following is a quick introduction to Eclipse, if you are not already familiar with it.
What is Eclipse
- Eclipse is an open source IDE for developing applications in many different programming languages
- It is quite popular for developing many different types of Java applications
- Its architecture is pluggable—there is a core IDE component and many different plugins can be added to it
- Along with editor support, Eclipse has plugins to interact with many of the external systems used during development :
- examples include source control systems such as SVN and Git, build tools such as Maven, managing servers such as Payara and GlassFish, database explorers, memory and CPU profilers, Vagrant support …
- All those external systems are displayed as views
Download Course Content