Initializing our JEE 8 Development Stack
- Eclipse for Java EE Developers
- Maven Archetype
- Payara 5 Java EE server
- Vagrant and Docker
Eclipse for Java EE
- A good IDE is essential for better productivity while coding.
- Eclipse is one such IDE, which has great editor features and many integration points with JEE technologies.
- The primary purpose of this section is to show you how to develop JEE applications using Eclipse.
- So the following is a quick introduction to Eclipse, if you are not already familiar with it.
What is Eclipse
- Eclipse is an open source IDE for developing applications in many different programming languages
- It is quite popular for developing many different types of Java applications
- Its architecture is pluggable—there is a core IDE component and many different plugins can be added to it
- Along with editor support, Eclipse has plugins to interact with many of the external systems used during development :
- examples include source control systems such as SVN and Git, build tools such as Maven, managing servers such as Payara and GlassFish, database explorers, memory and CPU profilers, Vagrant support …
- All those external systems are displayed as views
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.