- Underlying mechanisms
- Why do we need Session Tracking feature of Servlet?
- Servlet Session Tracking Programming APIs
- Session timeout and invalidation
Underlying Mechanisms of Session Tracking
Why Session Tracking?
- Need a mechanism to maintain state across a series of requests from the same user (or originating from the same browser) over some period of time
- Example: Online shopping cart
- Yet, HTTP is stateless protocol
- Each time, a client talks to a web server, it opens a new connection
- Server does not automatically maintain “conversational state” of a user
Session Tracking Use Cases
- When clients at an on-line store add an item to their shopping cart, how does the server know what’s already in the cart?
- When clients decide to proceed to checkout, how can the server determine which previously created shopping cart is theirs?
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.