- Inheritance through Prototype
- Function constructor and Prototype
Inheritance through Prototype
- Prototype-based Languages
- Two different ways for supporting inheritance in programming languages
- Scheme #1: Through traditional class hierarchy (Java, C, C++, ...)
- In a prototype-based language, there is no concept of a "class"
- Inheritance is provided through prototype, however
- In prototype-based language, every object has “prototype” property (the actual name of the “prototype” property is __proto__) that points to “prototype” object
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.