Action View HAML
- What is and Why Haml?
- Haml basic syntax
- Haml and Rails
- Conversion of existing *.erb file to *.haml file
- Generation of *.haml files as default templates
What is and Why Haml?
What is Haml?
- Stands for “HTML Abstraction Markup Language (HAML)”
- Haml is a templating engine for HTML
- The default templating engine for HTML under Rails is ERB
- Designed to make it both easier and more pleasant to write HTML documents by
- Eliminating redundancy
- Reflecting the underlying structure that the document represents
- Providing an elegant syntax that’s both powerful and easy to understand
- Becoming a popular alternative to ERB in Rails application
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.