Active Record I
- What is Active Record?
- Automatic mapping between domain classes and tables
- Active Record Object creation, update, and delete
- Active Record Query Operations
- Batch mode
- Ordering, Selecting, Limit and Offset
- Dynamic Attribute-based Finders
- Exception Handling
What is Active Record?
- Active Record is a Ruby library (represented by ActiveRecord module) that provides mapping between business objects and database tables
- Accessing, saving, creating, updating operations in your Rails code are performed through Active Record
- It‘s an Object-Relational Mapper (ORM)
- "An object that wraps a row in a database table or view, encapsulates the database access, and adds domain logic on that data."
- Your domain (model) class extends ActiveRecord::Base class
- In this presentation, we use the terms domain class, model class, ActiveRecord class interchangeably
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.