RSpec I: Topics
- Rails testing related tools
- What is and Why RSpec?
- Installing and running RSpec
- RSpec vocabulary
Model testing with RSpec The advanced topics will be covered in “RSpec II”.
Rails Testing Related Tools
- Testing frameworks – DSL's for writing tests
- RSpec (most popular), Cucumber, Test::Unit (currently comes with Rails)
- Web acceptance testing (integration testing) – simulating (or driving) browsers with methods for executing common actions, interacting with DOM
- Capybara, Webrat
- Providing test data
- FactoryGirl, Fixtures (currently comes with Rails)
- Faker – used to generate real-life-like user data
- Convenience tools
- Spork: Starts Rails app once thus saving time
- Guard: Run tests when files are changed
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.