Ruby Blocks & Closures
- What is a block?
- How does a block look like?
- How does a block get passed and executed?
- & (Ampersand)
What is a block (code block)?
- Block is basically a chunk of code
- You can think of it as a nameless function as well
- You can pass a block to “another function” as an argument (I will call that “another function” a “target function” or “target method” in this presentation), and then that target function can execute the passed-in code block
- For example, a target function could perform iteration by passing one item at a time to the block
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.