Ruby Blocks & Closures
- What is a block?
- How does a block look like?
- How does a block get passed and executed?
- & (Ampersand)
What is a block (code block)?
- Block is basically a chunk of code
- You can think of it as a nameless function as well
- You can pass a block to “another function” as an argument (I will call that “another function” a “target function” or “target method” in this presentation), and then that target function can execute the passed-in code block
- For example, a target function could perform iteration by passing one item at a time to the block
Download course content