Spring 4 MVC Controllers Part I
- What is a Controller?
- Request mapping
- Handler method arguments - Implicit models
- Handler method return types (for view selection)
What is a Controller?
What does a Controller do?
- Controller has a set of handlers (handler methods)
- A HTTP request is mapped to a handler of a controller
- Controllers handles HTTP requests
- Controller receives user input and transforms it into a model
- Controller performs business logic and then and set attributes (key/value pairs) of the model
- Typically a controller delegates business logic processing to a set of services
- The services in turn access database through DAO interface (or Repository interface)
Download Course Contents