WS-I Basic Profile Overview
- What is, What is not, Why WS-I?
- What is a Profile?
- WS-I organization
- Basic profile
What is, What is not, Why WS-I
“An open industry effort chartered to promote Web Services interoperability across platforms, applications, and programming languages. The organization brings together a diverse community of Web services leaders to respond to customer needs by providing guidance, recommended practices, and supporting resources for developing interoperable Web services.”
WS-I Is Not
- Is not a ‘standards’ organization
- Doesn’t produce specs for new technology
- Profiles existing specifications
- Challenges for Inter-operability
- Each standard deals with a specific problem
- Customer solutions utilise multiple standards
- Infinite ways to interpret the standards
- Customers have multi-vendor environments
- Inter-operability a significant challenge
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.