Learn Java Programming and become an Expert Developer with passion
Learn Java And Become a Computer Programmer. Obtain valuable Core Java Skills
What you'll learn
- Learn the core Java skills needed to apply for Java developer positions in just 14 hours.
- Be able to sit for and pass the Oracle Java Certificate exam if you choose.
- Be able to demonstrate your understanding of Java to future employers.
- Learn industry "best practices" in Java software development from a professional Java developer who has worked in the language for 18 years.
- Acquire essential java basics for transitioning to the Spring Framework, Java EE, Android development and more.
- Obtain proficiency in Java 8 and Java 11.
Checkout this course preview here: https://www.udemy.com/course/java-the-complete-java-developer-course/ (Copy and paste this link to your URL address bar to open)
- A computer with either Windows, Mac or Linux to install all the free software and tools needed to build your new apps (I provide specific videos on installations for each platform).
- A strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and plenty of excitement about the awesome new programs you’re about to build.
- Nothing else! It’s just you, your computer and your hunger to get started today.
Whether you want to:
- build the skills you need to get your first Java programming job
- move to a more senior software developer position
- pass the oracle java certification exam
- or just learn java to be able to create your own java apps quickly.
- ...this complete Java Masterclass is the course you need to do all of this, and more.
Are you aiming to get your first Java Programming job but struggling to find out what skills employers want and which course will give you those skills?
This course is designed to give you the Java skills you need to get a job as a Java developer. By the end of the course, you will understand Java extremely well and be able to build your own Java apps and be productive as a software developer.
Lots of students have been successful in getting their first job or promotion after going through the course.
The course is a whopping 80 hours long. Perhaps you have looked at the size of the course and are feeling a little overwhelmed at the prospect of finding time to complete it. Maybe you are wondering if you need to go through it all?
Firstly, you do not have to complete the entire course
Secondly, the course is designed as a one-stop-shop for Java.
The core java material you need to learn java development is covered in the first seven sections (around 14 hours in total). The Java Basics are covered in those sections. The rest of the course covers intermediate, advanced, and optional material you do not technically need to go through.
For example section 13 is a whopping 10 hours just by itself and is aimed at those students who want to build desktop applications with graphical user interfaces. JavaFX (which is the technology used in this section) is something that most java developers will rarely or never need to work on. So you could skip that section entirely. But if you are one of the few that need to build user interfaces, then the content is there and ready for you. And there are other sections you can completely avoid if you wish.
If you want to know absolutely everything about Java, then you can go through the entire course if you wish, but it's not necessary to do so if you are just looking to learn the essential information to get a java developer position.
Why would you choose to learn Java?
The reality is that there is a lot of computer languages out there. It's in the hundreds. Why would you choose the Java language?
The number one reason is its popularity. According to many official websites that track the popularity of languages, Java is either #1 or in the top 3. Popularity means more companies and their staff are using it, so there are more career opportunities available for you if you are skilled in the language.
The last thing you want to do is pick a language that is not in mainstream use. Java came out in the 1990s and is still very popular today.
What version of Java should you learn?
Generally speaking, you would want to learn the very latest version of a computer programming language, but that's not necessarily the case with Java.
Until recently Java releases were infrequent (one major release in 3 years was common). Companies were standardized on specific versions of Java. Right now most companies are still focused on Java 8, which is a relatively old version, dating back to 2015.
Oracle (the owners of Java) are now releasing new versions of Java every six months, and when the new version comes out the old version is no longer supported.
But to cater for most companies who tend to stick to specific versions of Java for a long time, they have marked the current version of Java - Java 11 as LTS - or Long Term Support. That means that they guarantee to support this version for the long term - for a number of years at least.
Companies will stick to versions of Java that are supported in the long term. For career purposes, you should learn the appropriate versions of Java that your future employer will likely be using. Right now that's Java 8 and Java 11 (Java 9 and Java 10 have been released and already been marked obsolete and are no longer supported).
The good news is that this course is focused on Java 8, and has recently been updated for Java 11.
Will this course give you core java skills?
Yes, it will. Core Java is the fundamental part of the Java JDK (the java development kit) that programmers need to learn to move onto other more advanced technologies.
Why should you take this course?
This course assumes no previous coding experience and takes you from absolute beginner core concepts, like showing you the free tools you need to download and install, to writing your very first Java program. You will learn the core java skills you need to become employable in around 14 hours, and if you choose to, can take advantage of all the additional content in the course. It's a one-stop-shop to learn java. If you want to go beyond the core content you can do so at any time
Here’s just some of what you’ll learn (It’s okay if you don’t understand all this yet, you will in the course)
- All the essential Java keywords, operators, statements, and expressions needed to fully understand exactly what you’re coding and why - making programming easy to grasp and less frustrating
- You will learn the answers to questions like What is a Java class, What is polymorphism and inheritance, and to apply them to your java apps.
- How to safely download and install all necessary coding tools with less time and no frustrating installations or setups
- Complete chapters on object-oriented programming and many aspects of the Java API (the protocols and tools for building applications) so you can code for all platforms and derestrict your program’s user base (and potential sales)
- How to develop powerful Java applications using one of the most powerful Integrated Development Environments on the market, IntelliJ IDEA! - Meaning you can code functional programs easier. IntelliJ has both a FREE and PAID version, and you can use either in this course.
- (Don’t worry if you’re used to using Eclipse, NetBeans, or some other IDE. You’re free to use any IDE and still get the most out of this course)
- Learn Java to a sufficient level to be a be to transition to core Java technologies like Android development, the Spring framework, Java EE (Enterprise edition) in general as well as and other technologies. In order to progress to these technologies, you need to first learn core Java - the fundamental building blocks. That's what this course will help you to achieve.
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for absolute beginners with no previous coding experience, to intermediates looking to sharpen their skills to the expert level.
- Those who love letting their own creative genius shine, whilst getting paid handsome amounts to do so.
- Those looking to build creative and advanced Java apps for either personal use or for high-paying clients as a self-employed contractor.
Subscribe to our JPassion courses Membership plans to get the Download link of Video Tutorials of all topics mentioned to this course content.