STAX (Streaming API for XML)
- Pull parsing vs. Push parsing
- What is and Why StAX (Streaming API for XML)?
- Iterator API
- XMLEventReader, XMLEventWriter
- Cursor API
- XMLStreamReader, XMLStreamWriter
- StreamFilter API
- Choosing between Cursor and Iterator APIs
Pull Parsing vs. Push Parsing
- Pull parsing refers to a programming model in which a client application calls methods on an XML parser when it needs to interact with an XML infoset--that is, the client only gets (pulls) XML data when it explicitly asks for it.
- Push parsing refers to a programming model in which an XML parser sends (pushes) XML data to the client as the parser encounters elements in an XML infoset--that is, the parser sends the data whether or not the client is ready to use it at that time.
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.