STAX (Streaming API for XML)
- Pull parsing vs. Push parsing
- What is and Why StAX (Streaming API for XML)?
- Iterator API
- XMLEventReader, XMLEventWriter
- Cursor API
- XMLStreamReader, XMLStreamWriter
- StreamFilter API
- Choosing between Cursor and Iterator APIs
Pull Parsing vs. Push Parsing
- Pull parsing refers to a programming model in which a client application calls methods on an XML parser when it needs to interact with an XML infoset--that is, the client only gets (pulls) XML data when it explicitly asks for it.
- Push parsing refers to a programming model in which an XML parser sends (pushes) XML data to the client as the parser encounters elements in an XML infoset--that is, the parser sends the data whether or not the client is ready to use it at that time.
Download course content